2013 | 248 Pages | ISBN: 1741799619 | EPUB + MOBI | 6 MB + 9 MB
Lonely Planet Istanbul is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow your nose to the Spice Bazaar, take in the ancient artistic treasures of Aya Sofya, or visit a hamam for an indulgent steam bath; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Istanbul and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Istanbul Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including customs, history, literature, cinema, architecture, shopping, nightlife, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Istanbul map (included in print version), plus over 20 colour local maps
- Useful features – including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Ferry Trips
- Coverage of Sultanahmet and Around, Bazaar District, Western Districts, Beyoglu, Besiktas, Ortakoy, Kurucesme, Uskudar, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Istanbul, our most comprehensive guide to Istanbul, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
Looking for just the highlights of Istanbul? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Istanbul, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Turkey guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Turkey, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Virginia Maxwell.