English | 2007 | ISBN: 0814473784 | Pages: 176 | PDF | 3 MB
Most managers, supervisors, and team leaders realize the importance of team-building, but just can’t seem to find the time in their busy schedules. More Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers provides the solution! The book contains 50 all-new exercises that can be conducted in 15 minutes or less, and which require no special facilities, big expense, or previous training experience. Each activity is presented in just a few short pages with all the relevant information including a list of materials needed, the purpose of the exercise, and handy tips for success, all highlighted for easy reference. Readers will find fun and effective activities for:
* building new teams and helping teams with new members
* finding creative ways to work together and solve problems
* increasing and improving communication
* keeping competition healthy and productive within the team
* dealing with change and its effects: anger, fear, frustration
* and more.
The book also includes special guidance for "virtual teams," whose members are in different locations but must work as a unit. For anyone charged with the task of bringing teams together, this book is the answer.